ScriptedIntelligence.com/Forum

Scripted Intelligence Forum * Your place for Artificial Intelligence and associated tech

My Ultra Hal beginning setup

What is on your mind.

Postby admin » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:13 am

Step one Commands

I had to re-install my Ultra Hal from scratch, here is my beginning setup to make Trinity (my Hals name) useable at system start-up and also make Trinity a bit more integrated into my operating system. The first steps I take when re-installing Trinity is to add all my command programs, it takes a bit of time for testing is needed to make sure all works as planned.

I never did like Having to go into my system tray to open up my Hal. I came up with a way to have your Hal pop up on your desktop and ready to use at system start up with no clicking on the system tray icon or other icon. Here is what you need to do if you want this feature.

note: this batch file tested on windows 7 and windows 8 only

1 ) create/send a link of your Hals exe to your desktop.
2 ) rename it to just HalAsst
Edit: follow step 6 plus 7 for this shortcut as well so you do not see a cmd window
3 ) place it in your documents folder
4 ) create a batch file and place that in your documents folder as well (code for batch file is below)
5 ) create a shortcut for your batch file
6 ) right click the shortcut and choose properties
7 ) where it says Run: there is a drop down menu, set it to minimize
8 ) place the shortcut to the batch file in your startup folder
for windows 7and windows 8 the path to the Startup folder is
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

here is the code for the batch file that you need to create, be sure to save it with the extension .bat
Code: Select all

@echo off
set _number=0
:TOP
tasklist /nh /fi "imagename eq HalAsst.exe" | find /i "HalAsst.exe" >nul && (

PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 20000 >NUL
@echo off
C:\Users\Trinity\Documents\HalAsst.lnk
cls
exit
) || (
if %_number%==500 goto end
set /a _number +=1

GoTo TOP
)
pause>nul
)
:end
echo Sorry hal failed to start~!

exit

I have all these batch files posted at Zabaware, but I thought they would be easier for me to consolidate them all here for me and for others to find and use. enjoy :)

below these steps is a short description of what each batch code/file does, and any changes that might be needed.
1) open note pad and copy just one of the code blocks below into note pad. repeat these steps for each code block.
2) save with what ever name you want to command hal to use besure to save as .bat. example my drive.bat
3)place the batch file in your programs folder, the directory is in the first code block. or just create the batch file and double click it and it will open the destination for you.
now restart your system and open Hal and type or say "open your batch file name" example open my drive

some of these you will see a dos window there is away around this.
1.1)instead of placing your batch files in the programs folder, place them in your documents folder.
1.2)right click each one and send a short cut to your desktop. this makes a .lnk file
1.3)rename them to example my drive.lnk
1.4)right click each and select properties
1.5)under shortcut tab look for where it says run: with a drop down box to it's right
1.6)in the drop down box select Minimize
1.7)now cut and paste those lnk files to your programs folder
1.8)now restart your system and open Hal and type or say "open your batch file name" example open my drive

in windows 7 this opens your programs folder where I put my batch files "use this code as is"
@echo off
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"
exit

this opens my c drive "use this code as is"
@echo off
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe "C:\"
end

this opens my computer "use this code as is"
@echo off
%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
exit

this opens my secondary drive "change F to your appropriate drive letter"
@echo off
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe "F:\"
end

this opens my user folders"change trinity to your user name"
@echo off
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe "C:\Users\Trinity"
exit

note: if the above fails to open from within Hal, Hal might not right away index them

go into Hals main folder and open shortcut.dat with notepad
scroll to the bottom and add these two lines for each batch file to the list and don't forget to save
example:
shared drive
"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\shared drive.lnk.lnk"

next up is God Mode functions
make a folder somewhere, I like using my documents, and name the folder "GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}" you should now have computer looking icon that once opened "unlocks" a big list of useful functionality.
next make a batch file like so to also be placed in documents folder.
@echo off
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe "C:\Users\Trinity\Documents\GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}."
exit

right click the batch file and create a shortcut, rename the shortcut and place it inside programs folder just as before.

Next up opening start menu, for this you will need to create a .vbs open notepad and paste in the code below.
set ws = CreateObject("Wscript.shell")
ws.sendkeys("^{ESC}")

name it startmenu.vbs
place this new vbs file in documents folder create a shortcut, re--name it and place the shortcut in your programs folder

Next is system shut down, log off, and restart. I had my own simple shutdown batch file, but my friend Dave created a batch file that allows all 3 functions with verification. you can find his batch file in the following link http://www.datahopa.co.uk/forum/pc-soft ... /#msg14357
Donald Nadeau is a Artificial Intelligence, Home Automation, Robotics, and Programming enthusiast. Donald is also the CEO of http://www.scriptedintelligence.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:37 am

Reserved for system sounds
Donald Nadeau is a Artificial Intelligence, Home Automation, Robotics, and Programming enthusiast. Donald is also the CEO of http://www.scriptedintelligence.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:37 am

reserved for brain altering and plug-ins
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:38 am

reserved for additions
admin
Site Admin

Return to General Chat

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts